Restaurants, Bars and Clubs
What are the best restaurants in Vienna?
You can find a great variety of both traditional and international restaurants in Vienna. It is said that Vienna has one of the world’s biggest variety of good quality restaurants for a decent price. There are almost 3000 restaurants serving dishes from over 100 different countries. So, no matter where you are coming from you’ll be able to find your favourite food, which should certainly make you Feel Like Home in Vienna. When it comes to restaurants, everyone has a different taste and preferences for the surrounding, the location, the cuisine, the price etc.
However, here we offer you three very different restaurants which are among the best places in Vienna where you can eat great food at a reasonable price!
1. TGI Fridays – The TGI Fridays Vienna is known for the juiciest steaks and largest burgers selection of the city, delicacies from the Tex Mex kitchen, the tastiest ribs and the freshest salads. The ultimate “American feeling” is offered by cocktails in Friday’s ultimate size or cocktail pitcher – perfect for a fun evening with friends. In summer you can enjoy the unique atmosphere of Vienna sitting at their “sidewalk café” right on the Ring Straße. Nine screens provide in highest quality sport transmissions and the annual sporting events, such as the Super Bowl, Champions League Final or Europe League Finale.
Use your FeelsLikeHome card to get -10% at TGI Fridays and go to our discount page to get an additional voucher for 1+1 Burger for free!
2. Vapiano – The perfect setting for a quick lunch, an afternoon break, or a pleasant dinner with friends or family. Have you tried Vapiano yet? The long oak tables in the Vapianos are an open invitation to communication—with friends, family, or simply with other guests. Conversation comes easy in good company where all are talking,
laughing, and of course, having a wonderful dining experience. Pasta, pizzas, antipasti and salads are ordered directly from the chefs at the individual stations in the middle of the Vapiano. The chefs prepare all of the dishes to order in front of the guests. Everyone can have his meal prepared to his own personal preference. Favourite dishes can be
created, and then individually refined. The herb garden and the fresh herbs on the tables are not just for decoration, but to offer the special taste that every dish deserves.
Use our discount voucher and get 1 free homemade Mini-Dolce in all Vapiano restaurants in Vienna.
3. Brotzeit – The overall concept of Brotzeit is to be a gourmet cafeteria. It uses high quality regional products to prepare creative lunch menus with great attention to detail. They provide bread delivery service with various homemade baguettes topped with ingredients from organic farms in Austria. This is a great lunch spot in Vienna with reasonable prices and tasty food.
Use our discount voucher to get a main meal for only € 5,90.
How to find the best restaurants in Vienna?
Here are some useful apps and website you can use to find the best restaurants in Vienna and book tables in them.
http://www.yelp.co.uk/wien – Here you can find reviews of almost all the Viennese restaurants. You can also find people’s opinions on shopping, nightlife, bars and cafes in Vienna.
http://www.mytable.com/en – This is a table booking engine for all Europe. You can use it in Vienna, as well as in other cities/countries you are planning on visiting.
http://www.wien.info/en/shopping-wining-dining/restaurants – Here you can find general information about Viennese Restaurants, as well as an overview of the different cuisines you will find in the city.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g190454-Vienna.html – This is a worldwide known website for reviews, opinions and restaurants ranking. Look for a Trip Advisor sticker on the restaurants to make sure it is well reviewed one!
Or just fancy a snack? These places will keep you going all night!
– The café Europa located at Zollergasse 8 near the Neubaugasse (U3) serves food from 9am to 4am.
– Restaurant Salt & Pepper located at Joanelligasse 8 near the Kettenbrückengasse (U4). Opening hours 6pm – 4am, on Sunday it is closed.
– Wiener Wuerstelstand are street-side booths which serve fast and inexpensive snacks, including a great variety of sausages. Some of the most popular snacks include Bosna (a hot dog with Bratwurst sausage, onions, and a blend of mustard and/or tomato ketchup and curry powder), Sacherwuerstl (sausage served with mustard, horseradish and
a Kaiser roll) and Kaesekrainer (sausage filled with cheese).
Vienna has a big, thrilling and colourful nightlife-scene with bars and clubs suited to every taste and mind set.
Bars in Vienna are spread out all over the city and are popular places to hang out and chat, as well as pre-drink before hitting the clubs.
Check out “German for Beginners” so you know how to order drinks!
We have a few that stand out for us, and some of which we can save you money at! Check out our favourite hang-outs below!
Travel Shack– Vienna’s one and only backpacker bar
This one we strongly recommend. It’s Vienna’s backpacker and international student bar. When it comes to nightlife in Vienna, it’s definitely a must-see. You can party in casual atmosphere with nice music and like-minded people. It offers a wide selection of drinks and their crazy and unique shots, such as Fire Shot, Chuck Norris, Snuff Shot and many others worth trying. It has a good crowd every day of the week and it turns into a club later at night.
It’s also a perfect spot for sports lovers who can watch football, rugby, basketball, hockey and other matches on large screens. Every night there are special themes and drink specials.
Check out our calendar to see what’s going on there the next couple of weeks.
Check out this video for more information:
Drinks, Games & Dancing
Travel Shack offers great staff, good value drinks, drinking games, karaoke, pool, dance floor with a pole, and awesome music! It is usually full with people from across the globe and if you are looking for a fun night out – this is your bar!
From 20:00 till 22:00 there is a “Happy Hour”. During these hours you can enjoy even cheaper drinks. The bar is fully air-conditioned and has a separate smoking room which is a rarity in Vienna.
Every Tuesday is a Tequila night, Wednesdays are called “Beerfests” accompanied with free shots for all who are dressed up in Austrian traditional clothes, Thursdays areCaptain Morgan nights, on Sundays there is a costume karaoke and an open night mic, and every month there is a “Full Moon” party with black lights, laser shows and bucket specials.
As previously mentioned, the bar gets very crowded, so if you want to make a reservation, do it here.
Use your FeelsLikeHome card when in Travel Shack to get the FeelsLikeHome shot for only € 2,-.
Other awesome bars
If all this doesn’t appeal to you, have a look at our other suggestions:
- La Boule – It’s a café bar, where you can play pool. It’s very well known as a nice, chilled and not pretentious place, where you can have a really good time.
- Charlie P’s – Charlie P’s is huge in every respect: massive meals, loads of floor space over two storeys (it’s a pub/restaurant/event space), loud music, plenty of people. Sunday is pub-quiz night, and on Monday evenings there is karaoke, which is loved by locals and expats alike.
- Hermann Strandbar – This is an open air bar. It works only in the summer but it is well worth to wait for the opening on 27th March. It’s a great place to hang out and enjoy beach atmosphere in the heart of Vienna. It can be pretty busy on beautiful days, so get there early.
- Freiraum – It is a bar, café, restaurant and lounge all in one! It’s perfect for a chilled (or not so) night. Cocktails and spirits are at reasonable prices and the food is yummy. It’s modern, hip, chill and cool.
- 1516 Brewing Company – This one is for the beer lovers. It offers a range of delicious beers made on the premises, including a distinctively hoppy lager, a Black & Tan, a cascade hopped Weissebier and their best-selling Victory Hop Devil IPA. The seasonal beers and barrel aged special editions are also excellent and you could spend hours in here trying each on – fortunately they come in four different sizes, ranging from 0.1 to 1.5 litres.
- Alternatively to the bars in Vienna you should check out “Museumsquartier” in the summer. It’s an area close to the city center with various museums. In the summer it is a very popular location for students as you can bring your own drinks and sit around nicely designed benches.Last but not least, we must not forget OUR parties, the legendary Feels Like Home events:- The annual FLH beer bong at Travel Shack- All our events you find in the calendar
- – Several student dorms Welcome Parties at U4
- – Check out the topic events & social life
- If you are a regular night out person, have a look at our suggestions for clubs in Vienna and these 5 media sources that will help you not to miss THE party.